AEoD Downloads Thread

Discussion board for AEons of Death.

AEoD Downloads Thread

PostPosted by MajorCooke » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:28 am

----------
Alpha Zone (Requires GZDoom 3.1+, or devbuilds if the release doesn't work)
----------
GZDoom devbuilds
AEoD.pk3
AEoDdat.pk3
Changelog

Older Releases
NOTICE: These will not work with GZDoom 2.3.x on up, possibly even a little earlier. You will need a much older version to play this.
Support will not be offered for these and are here for legacy gameplay only.

You will need AEoDMain606 and AEoDFiles606 which contains the packaged data and resources, along with a readme and a .bat file for launching.
Downloads folder

=====================================================================================================
=====================================================================================================
Installation
If using the legacy 6.06, simply extract everything into one directory where your GZDoom.exe is located.
If using the alpha, just download the files into the directory, no extraction required.

You can use either ZDoom Launcher or the .bat file (found inside of AEoDFiles606), provided AEoD.pk3 and AEoDDat.pk3 are also in the same directory as the .bat and GZDoom.

Setting up the ZDL Launcher
  1. Download and install ZDL.
  2. Open ZDL and switch to the Settings tab up top.
  3. Click Add below the source port window, name it and point directly to your GZDoom.exe file.
  4. Do the same thing with your IWADS. You only need Doom 1, 2, Plutonia, or TNT for AEoD.
  5. Return to the Main tab, add AEoD.pk3 and AEoDDat.pk3 and reorganize them so AEoD.pk3 is on top followed by the data package.
  6. Add any other map sets you wish to play with after the rest. Make sure one of the IWADS is selected. Only the selected IWAD that will be loaded!
  7. Enjoy AEoD. :D

For example, playing AEoD with Hell Revealed 2 will look like this:

(Optional) Saving/Loading ZDL Setups
I often have complex setups, sometimes 5-10+ files needed to load such as my own customizations (such as sound replacements). I also use this to switch between AEons of Death and Doom 4 For Doom easily.

Additionally, the Extra command line arguments can be used to load a separate configuration file (.ini).
You can copy and paste the config files and rename them, then enter the directory name for the ini as seen in the picture at the end of the instructions above.

1. When your setup is complete, click the ZDL button (between Exit and Multi-Settings).
  2. Click Save .zdl (NOT .ini!), point it to a directory, give it a name and click save.

To load, simply choose Load .zdl and everything will be loaded just as when you saved it.
MajorCooke
Site Admin

Re: AEoD Downloads Thread

PostPosted by josko_91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 am

Hi, Is this the new 6.07 BETA?

EDIT: Sorry found out that it is indeed 6.07 after downloading both files!
josko_91

PostPosted by MajorCooke » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am

This will be for the very latest, all the time.
MajorCooke
Site Admin

PostPosted by josko_91 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 am

Sorry stupid of me but i was unsure because there was no mention of 6.07 also will the next beta version include the aa12? What have you planned for beta3 and onwards if i may ask :)
josko_91

PostPosted by MajorCooke » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Yeah, 6.07 was ditched in favor of 6.66 because we're adding new content. However, I only pushed out the most latest due to mod incompatibilities with the latest versions of GZDoom and at that time, the BFG and DDTT weapons were already so heavily ingrained. I decided to just leave them in as a result, since I felt bad about withholding it for so long. Never fun is it when forced to waiting on a compatibility patch-up, but hey, I made it up with two new guns. :P

As for what's planned? Well, I've thought about going more open-source with this project like I did D4D, but in a way, closed development has its charms and surprises. While I'm still torn on which way I want to go, for now it'll remain closed, but I can give you a rundown on things you can expect without spoiling too much else:

• Improved and streamlined code, moving everything to ZScript
  • Maximized flexibility with scripted maps, even more than it is now! (It has quite a bit currently but some maps might not have enough.)
  • More monsters
  • More guns
  • More game modes
  • Better Directors
  • Cleaned out AEoD.pk3 of all unused materials
Just coming off the top of my head with that. Some things will be binned that I seriously don't like.
MajorCooke
Site Admin

PostPosted by josko_91 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:55 pm

That is awesome! I love AEoD, Currently I mostly play it only with Doom theme but I use alot of different bosses for CyberDemon and Spidermastermind spawns, it's so fun when you get to meet a boss like Lichking and you just can't wait to kill him to get his Inferno Syphon, man I love that weapon, mana everywhere XD Then there's DBT... that guy is though let me tell you that, but you already know that haha! The heaven and hell hand he drops must be the most powerful weapon in AEoD, but it's good, after killing DBT, you truly deserve something amazing as reward for such accomplishment :D

Thanks for taking your time telling all this, really appriciate it <3
josko_91

Return to AEons of Death